Thursday, July 1, 2010

Alrighty so here goes it! I started school last week and got dumped on! I did manage to get up at 5 every morning (well mon-thur) to workout before going to school.....wow was that hard with very little sleep (ave. 3-5hours). School is a lot of work but tons of fun and just recruited one of my friends to spin class tonight so I might have another training partner!

As for the training.....swimming is going to be totaly fine.....biking --> i did my first century ride a few weekends ago with 5000ft of climbing in about 6 and a half hours (not including the fancy rest stops, it was an organized ride with unlimited beer afterwards!).....not horrible but my longest ride before that was maybe 60....as for the runs I haven't done anything long enough by any means :( I need to work on that. This weekend though my tri team is going out to hagg lake, close to portland, and we are going to do some open water swimming and of course some biking and running afterwards! I'm also doing an olympic triathlon next weekend at the same place....pretty hilly course so we shall see how that goes. Anywho I wouldn't reccomend trying to work, go to grad school and train for an ironman at the same time (I'm sure Beth know's how hellish it is) it sucks.

Jill you asked all these questions where are your answers to them all?

hope all is well and relax and have a few beers this weekend to celebrate the 4th! I'm drinking one right now when I'm supposed to be reading for class! woops

cheers,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment